Week 2: Mood, Personality, & Sleep
The Suicide of Dorothy Hale
Frida Kahlo, 1939 (James C. Harris, 2003)
Reading myself - Robert Lowell
Now let’s read a poem. Read it twice. What emotions do you feel? Want to know even more? Wander down the rabbit hole.
Let’s zoom out to the population level. Spend the next five minutes exploring population-health datasets so you can start understanding the scope of mental illness locally, nationally, and internationally.
Remember Memory? Here’s your final round of matching hippo cards for the week.
what are you reading these days? here are some suggestions if you're feeling bookish
- Matt Haig (2016)
- Kay Redfield Jamison (1995)
- Susanna Kaysen (1993)
- Sylvia Plath (1966)
- George Scialabba (2020)
- William Styron (1990)
- Virginia Woolf (1925)
- DSM-5® Diagnostic Criteria Mobile App.
DSM 5-TR app
- new Neuroscience based Nomenclature. NbN2r app
- Calgary Guides can be searched online
- 2-Minute Neuroscience videos
- Wikipedia’s psychiatric glossary